Friday 25 June 2010

Oodles of .... Peel Offs

Only managed 11 backgrounds yesterday! The class was busy with regular faces and new ones. Dy took us through loads of techniques. We can all now get our balls jumping off the page. But the big surprise technique was using peel off yes you read it right Dy was teaching us to use peel offs........ with Altered Originals Dye Inks, book pages, gesso, Distress Inks, Dabbers and a range of paints I haven't used before Blond Moments Acrylic Lustre Paints. What I cannot work out is how I have missed them when attending AFTH for 2 years? Even better they are on offer, I think it was 3 for £7.50. The paints have a great lustre and are a rich creamy consistency. On this background we stuck on bits of book page distressed the book page added gesso, lustre painted, dabbers and sprayed through masks and used the negative as well from the mask to build up a layered background.....


The second background has fewer layers but still with loads of interest I mixed Granite - Altered Originals Ink with Festive Candy Pearls to give a two tone spray, again used both the positive and negative of the mask.


The new inks are definitely essential tools we all NEED.

2 comments:

  1. Fab pages!! Just wish i hadnt forgot my journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your journal pages Christine!
    I love the new spray inks too - haven't managed to play with my own set yet though! I might get chance later today... x x

    ReplyDelete